Friday, May 3, 2013

It's In 9 Days.

jay,

Mother’s Day is 9 days from now. It’s a day to recognize the women in your life who’ve made an impact on you, helped shape the person you’ve become. Do you have a plan? 

If you’re looking for a way to say ‘Thank You’, we can help. Make a donation in honor of a special woman in your life and we will send her a card with a message from you – in time for Mother’s Day. Make your donation here: www.arcrelief.org/mothers . 

You’ll not only be honoring someone important to you. Your gift will help kids like Fabien & Rehemah and their Mom Leontine, who fled Congo and live in Nyabiheke refugee camp in Rwanda (the kids share some thoughts about their Mom below).

  leontine.jpg

Rehemah: My brother and I don’t remember much from our past when we were in Congo. Mom reminds us where we lived, how prosperous we were then, all the land, and cows, and lovely relatives and neighbors we had. And all the parties and celebrations. Now it’s just us. I think that’s why she works so hard. She doesn’t buy herself any nice clothes and neglects herself for us. To me that is sacrifice.   

Fabien: If there is one thing she is always advising us to do it’s work hard. She’s always saying the old proverb, ‘sweet fruits bear from a suffering tree’. We know how much she suffers to get us school fees – how can we fail at school? I think the reason why mom sacrifices so much is that she is a widow and she has to be in two positions (mom and dad). 

Rehemah: Mom has taught me to be patient, to love mankind, and to be hard working. I can tell you that I love mom. She gave birth to us, she’s raised us in a hard life, strived for our survival, and given us a lot of love. 

Fabien: She is respected in our neighborhood and I have learned that I should step in her shoes. I love mom because she has given me affection, love, and sent me to school, and I cherish her all my life without hesitation. This is why I regard her as a hero. 

If you make a gift in honor of a woman in your life, we will send her a card in time for Mother’s Day. And there’s room for a message from you to let her know just how important and special she is.  

Thank you for your support. 

-Daniel

Daniel Wordsworth
President
American Refugee Committee

P.S. Check out more stories of mothers at www.facebook.com/arcrelief and www.twitter.com/arcrelief .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment